question

jordant2612 avatar image
jordant2612 asked

Why isn't my system showing the ESS assistant menu?

Hello;

I have a Multiplus ii system installed with a cerbo Gx with 5 pylon tech batteries.

I’ve allowed the ESS grid assistant and when I’ve gone to the cerbo remote console, it’s saying there is NO ESS ASSISTANT FOUND.

This makes me believe that the inverter is not showing on cerbo. I’ve connected the Ve bus RJ45 from inverter to cerbo as shown in cerbo manual.

when the inverter is on, I have ac in and ac out on the ac out 1, however AC 1 will only be powered by battery and the AC in will only work when the batteries require charging. Once the batteries are fully charged then the inverter will shut down.

Can anyone advise on what to do next? Thanks.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Check again if the ESS assistant is setup correctly in the MultiPlus. Did you send the settings to the MultiPlus?

You also have to disconnect your PC and the MK3 Interface from the MultiPlus.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Is DVCC enabled? It's a pre-requisite

2 comments
2 |3000

elvis avatar image elvis commented ·

@kevgermany

Are you suggesting DVCC is "Required" for ESS to work?

I run an ESS system and DVCC is not enabled.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ elvis commented ·
Sorry, brain fade, you're right.
0 Likes 0 ·
jordant2612 avatar image
jordant2612 answered ·

Everything is up and running; however my pylontech batteries are saying that the CCL and DCL are set to 180a which is definitely wrong!

can’t find anymore to change the settings on VRM, RC and VC3

3 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
This is nothing you can change this parameters are coming from the batteries.

I guess you have US3000!?
Each US3000 can handle 37A (charge/discharge) 5 x 37 = 185A max.

0 Likes 0 ·
jordant2612 avatar image jordant2612 Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Yes I have the US3000! I noticed the cables were getting warm though from inverter to battery isolator. That was concerning for me.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ jordant2612 commented ·
It would be good to know what other components you have in your system.
0 Likes 0 ·