question

alexander-aerts avatar image
alexander-aerts asked

PV inverter support assistant and DVCC

Hi,

I have been succesfully using the PV inverter support assistant of a Multiplus 2 to control an external heater (excess solar energy dump in off grid system) via frequency shifting. My system had lead acid batteries.

Now I changed to Pylontech batteries. Charge control is now done via DVCC.

This caused the PV inverter assistant to stop working. I can configure the assistant, and as long as I don’t plug in the VE.bus cable of the inverter in the Cerbo unit, it works: ac output frequency is increased by Multiplus, as expected.

However, as soon as I plug in the cable, and thus establish communication with the inverter, the DVCC seems to overrule the inverter and PV inverter assistant stops frequency shifting.

Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks

Alex

PylontechDVCCAssistantsfrequencyHot Water Diversion
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
l81ker avatar image
l81ker answered ·

suggestion:

maybe you can try changing this setting to the opposite of whatever it is now in the ESS assistant

1675544997331.png

1675544997331.png (66.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alexander-aerts avatar image alexander-aerts commented ·

Thanks for the suggestion, Never studied ESS as I understood this is for grid connected systems whereas mine is off grid. But I’ll take a look.

In the meantime I circumvented the problem …control of heater not using assistants any more but using node red via modbus.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources