question

jamierob avatar image
jamierob asked

Can mppt load output terminals be controlled by PV voltage, or just battery voltage?

I've seen several questions on here related to this question (This, this, and this), but I'm still confused about what is possible. Is there a way to configure the load output terminals to turn on only when the PV voltage reaches a certain threshold, or can you only configure this based on battery voltage? My goal is to turn on a small pump connected to the load output terminals only when the PV voltage reaches 25v, and then disconnect that load when it drops below that threshold. I have a Smartsolar 100|20 mppt charge controller. Thank you!

MPPT SmartSolarVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@jamierob

All the settings for the load output are battery related. See the manual here.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jamierob avatar image jamierob commented ·

Thank you. I thought that was the case but hoped I was missing something. I wonder what the cleanest way is of achieving this functionality with a secondary device. A relay, transistor, or even an arduino solution? I would be keen if someone had a simple solution for this.

0 Likes 0 ·
albert avatar image
albert answered ·

You can use an arduino to measure the PV voltage. See https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub/manodeep/voltage-measurement-using-arduino-e91f5b

You can connect a relay to an arduino digital outout to switch the pump on and off. There are many examples, this is just one of them.

https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/libraries/relay/

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic