question

btv128 avatar image
btv128 asked

Power output only if sufficient solar

I'd like to leave my fridge running whilst I'm not using the van, so I can have cold drinks whenever I may want one.

However, I dont want to be using battery power, what I'd really like is to only have power to the fridge only if there is sufficent solar to run it.

Is there any output indicating solar availability on a bluesolar solar charger that could be used to drive a relay?

Or any other way of doing this? Maybe using the output voltage, or the voltage at the solar input?

Thanks

solar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

If your charger has load output terminals, connect the fridge there and set a high cut off voltage. This will prevent the fridge from draining the battery too far, but won't completely prevent it from using battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

btv128 avatar image
btv128 answered ·

Thanks. I'm already doing this.

But I dont want it to operate at all if there isn't sufficient solar to run it. If I leave the fridge on thats basically 365 discharges per year, which is daft just so I can have the odd can of cold coke.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic