question

fou avatar image
fou asked

MPPT 75/15 load output turn off

Hi there

I was wondering if I can program the load output to turn off if there is nothing being produced on the PV module. I know I can set it to turn off when my Battery Voltage drops to a certain level. Being in the harbor at the moment, my battery is constantly being charged and the voltage never drops continuously. I have a fridge running on the load output (MPPT 75/15) which I want to turn off during night hours in order to not have to deal with the compressor noise. Does anyone know if this is doable automatically? Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Cheers Fou

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi @Fou,

If you have a SmartSolar model (or the BlueSolar with a VE.Direct Bluetooth Dongle), the setting you want to look for in the VictronConnect application is "streetlight function". Using this setting, you can set the MPPT to turn off the load output when PV input voltage drops below your selected voltage threshold.

See the Streetlight function documentation for more details.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fou avatar image fou commented ·

Thanks for the answer. I'm not sure if this is really possible. Could you give me an example of the settings?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
ttbb avatar image
ttbb answered ·

"Using this setting, you can set the MPPT to turn off the load output when PV input voltage drops below your selected voltage threshold"

Justin unfortunately you can't as it only offers the inverse of that to bring the load on not off. At sunrise there is also no option to turn the load output on. There is only off or on before sunrise where it comes on but goes of at sunrise.

2 |3000

samuil avatar image
samuil answered ·

Was this ever resolved? @fou

2 |3000

mtadao avatar image
mtadao answered ·

Go to street light setting and put off. Go to load output setting - user def. algorithm and in put the switch on/off voltages. Works for my waterpump during the day.

2 |3000