question

mariusv avatar image
mariusv asked

How to connect 10 Pylontech whithout a LV Hub

Heya,

So I have two racks one with 8 Pylontech US3000C in it and another (for now) with 2 x Pylontech US3000C in it and I know I can connect together up to 16 modules without a LV-Hub but I don’t know how to connect the positive and negative cable from one rack to the other as they are too short, same for the linkport cable.
Can I use a bus bar and just connect last battery from rack 1 to first battery in rack 2 using the 2m cables (battery to inverter) or what other options I have?

Thank you

Pylontechquattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

[Edited: this thread says 16 can be connected without a hub]

@mariusv

There should be one cable kit at least for every 4 batteries (and this is pushing it slightly on the 120A, i would prefer one kit for every 2). Use a bus bar like the lynx distributor (if you want fusing) or the lynx power in. Don't stack lugs.

As far as i am aware the limit for CAN connect without a hub is 8. Something to do with the adress system limiting it. I could be corrected on the us3000c?

And everything else you need to know like the can type a cable is here.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mariusv avatar image mariusv commented ·
I saw in the documentation of US3000C batteries that one can use up to 16 without a hub but I can't find a wiring schema of the other 8
0 Likes 0 ·
klandos avatar image klandos mariusv commented ·
Exactly like the first 8. Just in a series of 16 for communication cables.
0 Likes 0 ·
mariusv avatar image mariusv klandos commented ·

@KLandos the problem I see is when I connect the last battery from Rack 1 to the first battery in Rack 2 over the link port the master battery goes in error and Cerbro shows 1 battery online and 7 offline so not the 10 batteries.

Any idea what am I doing wrong?

0 Likes 0 ·
gunzenbomz avatar image
gunzenbomz answered ·

Bimble solar uk sell the 2 meter pylon battery cable kits. www.bimblesolar.com

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic