question

mariusv avatar image
mariusv asked

Victron Quattro 48/10000 and Pylontech US3000C added capacity

Hi,

Up until 2 days ago I had 4 Pylontech US3000C batteries and today I got 4 more so a total of 8 x Pylontech US3000C batteries are now used.

Do I need to change any settings on the inverter/Cerbro GX (somewhere) to make sure the system is using correctly all 8 batteries?

Thank you!

Pylontechquattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klandos avatar image
klandos answered ·

No.

But Balance them! Easiest way bring all batteries to 100% for at least 8 hours. After that connect them in parallel, add the communication cables, double check dip switches and that’s it.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mariusv avatar image mariusv commented ·
@KLandos just checking to see if I got it right.

1. Connect all batteries using the plus and minus between eachother

2. Connect the link cables (let link0 free on the master)

3. Screw the earthing

4. Get the can cable on the master

5. Start the master which will start the all

6. Change inverter to ESS with Keep batteries charged

7. Done

I’m not sure what you mean by connecting them in parallel ?

0 Likes 0 ·
klandos avatar image klandos mariusv commented ·
0.1. Charge your 4 batteries to 100%

0.2. Check if the new 4 ones are more or less equal full (led).

0.3. If yes, Disconnect the old 4 and connect only the new 4 (with connection to Cerbo)

0.4. Charge them to 100% and let them there for 5-8 hours.

0.5. Adjust Ah in inverter. the cerbo already knows from the pylontech

Go ahead with 1.

If the SoC difference between the packs is too high you will get a more or less high current between the packs when first connecting them in parallel.

0 Likes 0 ·
mariusv avatar image mariusv klandos commented ·

Thank you!

I did it wrong then. I put all 8 in the rack with the newest one as master but did not connect them to Cerbo and let them sit overnight to equal themselves and in the morning I just plugin the CAN cable and connected them to the Lynx. Now all of them show full (planning to keep charging them until Monday).

Will this affect the performance ?

Also is this setting ok given that I have LiFePo4? I see I can choose form the battery type LiFePo4 instead but then the values change1669466901836.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1669466901836.png (88.2 KiB)
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

It is all clearly documented in the pylon install guide for the battery.

Just follow that.

You might want to update the “manual” capacity setting on the inverter, its good practice for in case the gx is unavailable.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic