Multiplus 12/1600/4800

4 ultra capacitor batteries

Albicombi for engine sensors

Bilge pump sensor

Fuel tank sensor

Water tank sensor

Relay to turn Aircon on/off

Relay to turn lights on/off

Ethernet cable to connect to raymarine MFD and rest of raymarine system.

I now installed silent wind wind generator with hit own controller and i would like to add a shunt as DC meter selecting wind generator

How do I connect the 4th be bus device to the cerbo

Thanks

cerbo gxSmartShuntsolarvebuswind
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

I think you mean a 4th VE Direct device, you can get a VE direct to USB interface, if you run out of USB ports then you need a USB splitter.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniele Calabrese avatar image Daniele Calabrese commented ·
I did add the splitter USB so now I have a shunt connect as DC meter for wind and via ve/bus-usb however in advance I cannot see that to select widet for the data dashboatd I can see other devices shunt, mppt, usb-gps but not this device. something I need to do> thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
Daniele Calabrese avatar image
Daniele Calabrese answered ·

so I can get a cable for the victron shunt ve.bus to usb and connect there? this one correct? https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/ve-direct-to-usb-interface

1 comment
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·
Yes, this is the cable to use.
Just be careful, you are calling it VE.Bus, it is VE.Direct. VE.Bus is what connects the Cerbo GX to the Multiplus.
1 Like 1 ·

thanks for the clarification and the advice

2 |3000

another question I cannot get the batteries to be charged to 100% here is the solar and here is the BMV config. what am i doing wrong?

one screen shot is solar the other one is BMV third is devices

screen-shot-2022-11-17-at-001159.png

screen-shot-2022-11-17-at-001228.png

screen-shot-2022-11-17-at-001216.png

2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Your settings look OK. Where are you located, solar will not provide a lot of power in northern Europe (anywhere at a similar latitude) at this time of year. If you are somewhere sunnier do you have a problem with the solar system, how much power are you getting into the batteries. The screenshot above shows it off, was that at night.

2 |3000