question

marc-heide avatar image
marc-heide asked

Multiplus ii external current sensor for current limiter

Dear all,

Where can i find the documentation of the external current sensor of the multiplus?

what functions does it has or how it works exactly?

when i set my current limiter to 35A in the multiplus ii and place an external current sensor.

can the multiplus ii draw 45A?

1665336872744.png

*yea i know i should change the picture of the multiplus to a multiplus ii :D

Multiplus-IIsolarcurrent limitinput current
1665336872744.png (285.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Marc Heide,

For this particular application there is some documentation in the ESS manual here - https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/index-en.html

If everything is correctly configured, the AC input current limit that you set will be respected, and the multi will not draw more than that.

There is some more description about the behaviour of this accessory in the answers here - https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/624/ac-external-sensor-for-mulitplus-2.html

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marc-heide avatar image marc-heide commented ·
Thank you verry much! @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

I hoped to set the current limit to 35A to limit the current from the shore ( limit in front of the external current sensor).

And that the multiplus would draw 45A. Because i get feed in behind the external current sensor.

But if i understand it clearly that would not be the case and the multiplus keeps drawing a max of 35A

0 Likes 0 ·
Richard Weir avatar image
Richard Weir answered ·

I have a home system which includes a Multiplus 2, Venus GX, 20kwh of PylonTech batteries and a heat pump. I’ve just installed a Victron Current sensor (40a) to my mains live cable and it’s showing about 0.2v dc. I plugged it into the 3.5mm Jack on the Multiplus but not sure now how to configure it so that i can back feed my batteries back to all the house circuits. I have my heat pump connected to AC -OUT-1 so that has always run of the batteries but now I want to use my batteries to power all the other house circuits, please help. Thanks Richard.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic