question

over-and-under-victron avatar image
over-and-under-victron asked

Cerbo to turn on my Xantrex inverter?

Can I use the relay feature to remotely turn on my Xantrex XC2000 inverter? The inverter has a 12V input turn on feature....it seems like the Ignition Auto-On would work here.

Ignition Control The Freedom XC provides two user selectable options for ignition control:

Ignition Auto-on: The Freedom XC can automatically turn the inverter/charger on and off in tandem with the vehicle's ignition circuit or a manually operated remote switch.

Ignition Lockout: The Freedom XC features the ability to inhibit the inverter/charger from operating in the absence of a voltage signal from a vehicle's ignition circuit. This is particularly useful if the inverter/charger is required to operate only when a vehicle's engine is running.

Is it possible to configure the Cerbo so I can turn the inverter on and off via the VRM?

cerbo gxVRMRelay
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rrgrant avatar image rrgrant commented ·

Were you able to get this to work? I’m trying to do the same thing on my boat. I’ve run a fused wire from Relay 2 to the ACC input on the Xantrex but it seems I’m not getting anything out of the Relay - I don’t measure 12v regardless if the relay is open or closed or if I connect to the NO or NC terminal. Do I need to supply 12v to the common terminal? The information about this is pretty sparse.

0 Likes 0 ·
rrgrant avatar image rrgrant rrgrant commented ·
Supplying 12v to the common worked. We are in business
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If the relay is set to "manual" it is available to switch ON/OFF on the dashboard of the VRM Portal.
1665168994239.png

1665168994239.png (71.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

@over_and_under_victron you can simply provide 12 volts to the relay and take the normally open (NO) contact to the ACC input on the Freedom XC. You could set the relay function to "Alarm Relay" and set one of the digital inputs to trigger that relay in accordance with the Ignition signal from the vehicle. You could then use the other relay paralleled to the first set as Manual control for VRM control.

2 |3000