question

shipbuilder101 avatar image
shipbuilder101 asked

Lynx Shunts sometimes not showing on Cerbo

Hello fellow enthusiasts!

I am encountering a very puzzling error.

I have two Lynx Shunts connected to my Cerbo.

However either 0,1 or 2 of these shunts are being displayed in the Overview Hub on my Cerbo Display as tiles (DC Power) and in the menu, after everything has booted.

That situation is also constant and it only changes upon reboot, where again, it is like a "throw of dice" which shunts will be shown.

I can confirm that the shunt lights are constantly glowing green.

Does anybody know what that may be?

Could you perhaps supply the CAN matrix for the shunts?

Thank you so much!

Venus OSVE.Canlynx shunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@shipbuilder101

Have you checked Settings> System setup > Battery monitor? Only one of the two can be the system -wide shunt and should be selected manually.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shipbuilder101 avatar image shipbuilder101 commented ·
@Stefanie I didn't set anything there yet, but would that still display both shunts simultaneously in the overview? If not, what would I need to do instead? After all, I have seen both shunts at the same time already before, which is exactly what I want. I just want them both to be displayed at all times, consistently not not be buggy and disappear occasionally with restarts.
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ shipbuilder101 commented ·

Only the one you select in System setups > Battery monitor is the system shunt and is shown in the graphical overview. It is not possible to have both in this overview. Nevertheless, both are displayed in the device list of your GX device.

0 Likes 0 ·
shipbuilder101 avatar image shipbuilder101 Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

@Stefanie Thank you for your answer, however sometimes the shunts are not even recognized at all, e.g. the menu, it is very irregular... Could it be some kind of configuration problem?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ shipbuilder101 commented ·

In that case you may want to check the VE.Can connection throughout all devices involved. Make sure the bus is properly terminated on both ends (with Cerbo GX and 2x Lynx shunts you have 3 VE.Can devices, but only two of them need to be terminated as the thirds sits in-between). I also recommend replacing the RJ45 cables, just to make sure they are not at fault.
As a last resort you could also try to change the device instance of one of them (preferably the "2nd" Lynx") in the VE.Can port Devices menu (Settings>Services>VE.Can port>Devices, then choose the Shunt and change the instance to 1. But to be honest, I'm not 100% sure if this is going to work. It is not intended to have two Lynx shunts in one system.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic