question

Al avatar image
Al asked

VE.CAN Solar Yield 'Yesterday' incorrect on VRM and Venus but Correct on Connect?

Hi,

For the last two Venus OS updates (V2.72 and V2.73) my two VE.CAN MPPT's solar yield yesterday total has always been stuck on the last highest yield, rather than yesterdays total yield.

Both VE.CAN MPPT's running Firmware V3.08

Although it displays properly for my VE.Direct MPPT and also displays on Victron Connect correctly, and seemingly the weekly totals etc are still correct, it's just for VE.CAN yesterdays yield is always the same, currently for the last few weeks they've been stuck at 3.37kWh and 3.75kWh respectively.

It's a minor point, but very handy at quick glance to compare when it works.

remote-console-yield.jpg

remote-console-yield-can2.jpg

vrm-yield.jpg

screenshot-20211217-105247.png

Will Venus OS V2.80 fix this? Or do I have another issue?

2way is on to look at my system.

Thanks

Al

MPPT SmartSolarVenus OSVE.Can
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

roger-seibel avatar image roger-seibel commented ·

Same problem here with Cerbo GX (2.90~14) and two MPPTs (SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can 250/100 rev2 with FW 3.10). Values for 'Yesterday' in Cerbo an via MQTT tools stay on old values. I had one update some days ago, but last days i get the same values.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Al avatar image
Al answered ·

Just to update,

Today it looks like it is working correctly, this is since I booted down to Venus V2.72 then back to V2.73 as it looked like I had a missing or corrupted overviewsolarcharger.qml file - probably my own fault when editing the files to adjust font size for viewing the remote console on a 7" tablet mirror.

Anyway all is showing correctly again :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT product page

VictronConnect manual

PWM or MPPT

MPPT calculator

MPPT codes