question

thegrandpoohbah avatar image
thegrandpoohbah asked

Generator Monitor Victron Energy Meter Et112

I want to monitor my Generator output. I am using the Venus OS on my Raspberry Pi. I found the Victron Energy Meter Et112 and have a few questions. 1. Which CT do I use to get amperage reading. 2. Does it read frequency?

GeneratorVenus GX - VGXRaspberry Pimonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
miles avatar image
miles answered ·

I want to know the answer to your question as well! Did you end up finding out? Thanks :)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

miles avatar image miles commented ·
The option in node red, does not show Hz as an option, although, in documents on the et112 it actually does read Hz.....
0 Likes 0 ·
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

`AC/Frequency` is not available on the ET112 from Venus. However, the ABB meters do provide that. You are right that the Node RED node does not support it yet. I've added an issue for that (https://github.com/victronenergy/node-red-contrib-victron/issues/159)

1 comment
2 |3000

miles avatar image miles commented ·
Thanks for the information. Hope they add it to Node Red :)
0 Likes 0 ·