question

sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru asked

Properly testing Generator function

Hi

I bought a generator at the begin of the year (clever me, now they are sold out) with provides 7kVA with 3 phase or 1 phase sockets. Its now finally time to connect it to my Quattros. Doing the connecting seems not that difficult, but I am asking myself how to test it.

The GenSet will be connected to AC-2-in across all three phases, this its save to assume that no more than 1500W of real power is available per phase. I guess this has to be told to the Cerbo GX, right? To limit the available power per phase to avoid overloading the Generator.

Correct?

I want to use automatic start / stop for the Generator, so a dedicated line will be connected to one of the relais of the Cerbo. The on/off intervalls, which relais to use and silent times have to be configured somethere on the CerboGX, not the Quattros.
Correct?

Once I disconnect Mains Power from AC-1-in, I expect the Victron System to switch without power break to island mode. Once the battery SOC falls below a configurable value, say 50%, I would now observe the generator being started, some delay to sync between Generator and Victron, then "Mains" LED gets on again, battery then being charged with maximum available power from Generator.

Correct?

Is there somethng else I should test or have to consider? Every input would be valuable.

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxESSgenerator auto start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Your assumptions are all correct.

A generator often requires separate start/stop inputs or a run and start input. The GX device only provides a single closure (close to run, open to stop). You must create the signals your generator needs with a third device. Many generator control modules accept the GX style single closure or you can make the required signals with one-shot relays.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.