question

sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru asked

Cycling with Battery Life

Hi

Over the last couple days there were more clouds than sun in the sky. This made the battery in my system moving the active SOC to 75% (10% is minimum for grid failure). Thats expected due to battery life being active (+ESS).

My qustion would be, if there is a possblity to reset the active SOC to minimum SOC somehow. I just want the battery to cycle for once, then starting its climb up again if needed. Is that possible or just a weird wish?

Best Regards

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxESSLithium Battery
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Just switch off battery life for a bit. Then reactivate when you want to
0 Likes 0 ·
ojack avatar image ojack Alexandra ♦ commented ·
But that is not what he wants.

When switching Batterylife on again IT will load the battery from grid to the last Batterylife min SOC.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ ojack commented ·
Batterylife active state continues to adjust even if not in use.

There is no way to reset it.

You can use node red to swap between the two states with logic of your choosing.

0 Likes 0 ·
sesshoumaru avatar image sesshoumaru nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Does than mean mean even without battery life active SOC is calculated as it would be with battery live on? Its just ignored and battery goes down to minimum SOC? Once I switch it on, the battery must step up to the active SOC value before going into discharge?

Thats better than nothing, but good lord... always implement a reset... developers first rule...!

PS: Why should it load fromt the grid? Its in ESS mode.. it should wait for solar!

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ sesshoumaru commented ·
Let me double check this for you.

Wholly agree a reset would be helpful.

1 Like 1 ·
0 Answers