question

rattus avatar image
rattus asked

Victron Glossary of Terms: Does it exist?

Good day all.

Frustrated. Does Victron have a glossary of terms I can use to make sense of all the manuals? Exhausted by endlessly Googling (with marginal success) exact definitions. Time is just not that readily expendable.

Any help would be wildly appreciated.

Regards.

r

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxESSfeature request
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
At present, no. But if you post the terms here, we'll explain them for you.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@Rattus

And then there is always the community to help make sense of things

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
rattus avatar image
rattus answered ·

Thank you @kevgermany @Alexandra

The generosity on this platform is second to none.

When I next tackle a manual I'll be sure to reach out.

I do fear, however, that my primary groan ie lack of quick reference, will not be resolved by this.

Thus, I am also going to write to Victron to press this idea onto them. I'm sure they've applied themselves to make the manuals and various guides as approachable as possible, I just reckon a "Glossary of Terms Used" document would be the ultimate ace up their sleeve. The complexity involved, the steep learning curve, the endless fumbling with new revelations, all of this could be softened by excellent references.

Much regards

ratface

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
There's an ongoing project to link documentation to the posts here. But it's taking longer than expected or desired. I'm hoping there will be a glossary as part of that.

Your comments/suggestions are very helpful, reminded me of the same struggles when I started a couple of years back.
1 Like 1 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Rattus

There is online training available for free at victron professional for everyone interested. It does help with the curve and becoming familiar with terms.

1 Like 1 ·
rattus avatar image rattus Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Alexandra

Ahh, I did not know that...thought it was for installers only.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ rattus commented ·

@Rattus

You are an end user who is installing your own basic system? You are the right person to sign up and learn, you clearly have an interest. Then maybe you can come back here and help others too.

2 Likes 2 ·