question

Paul avatar image
Paul asked

Temporarely monitoring my house with Cerbo GX plus EM24 without Multiplus

Hi everybody,

Good to see there are a lot of skilled people on this forum so I hope to get an answer on this queste.

In the middle of some changes in my battery system and placement of an ABB coil tripped breaker, I want to shut off my MPII 5000/70 plus batteries but leave monitoring of our household usage and Solar power logging (SMA STP5.0 over sunspec) in place.

Is there a way to keep logging with a Cerbo GX and two EM24 Carlo Gavazzi modbus meters (over ethernet) without needing the Multiplus to be active?

When the MP is off, no data of the L1-L2-L3 power and SMA solar power is available.

hanks in advance for your effort!

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxmonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
dfk avatar image
dfk answered ·

As long as you keep the cerbo powered this should work. We routinely switch off the MP in our van and happily monitor VE.direct and Modbus TCP devices while it is off. Just make sure your Ethernet and/or Wifi hub is also powered without the MP on.

Best

Daniel

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.