question

maxwhitby avatar image
maxwhitby asked

How best to monitor the current going to a specific device in VRM?

I have just fitted an immersion tank to my domestic system with MultiPlus-II 48/8000/110 and Cerbo GX. I have two temperature probes monitoring water temperature at the upper and lower heating element positions in the cylinder. Now I would like to be able to plot the current going specifically to the heating elements using the Advanced display in VRM. What is the best device to use to capture this data? Can the current transformer input on the MultiPlus-II be configured for this purpose? Or is there a device that might output a voltage to be read by one of the remaining "temperature" analog inputs? Many thanks for your suggestions and advice.

regards to all from Northumberland UK

Max Whitby

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxmonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You might be better off fitting something that talks to node red (smart wifi timers etc) and plot the data via a node red dashboard, something available remotely via VRM, but not in the usual VRM dashboards itself.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

maxwhitby avatar image
maxwhitby answered ·

Thank you Nick. Yes I guess the time has come to bite that bullet. I wonder if ChatGTP can help me with the coding? ;-)

regards from Northumberland

Max++

2 |3000