question

real-ark-ministries avatar image
real-ark-ministries asked

Battery charger Question Multiplus 24/3000 120V 2 in parallel to produce 240V out. 120 v in for charging.

I am setting up a pair of multiplus 24/3000 120 V in a garage the US to supply two 120 v legs of power (240 V) power to the home nearby. The garage where the inverters are mounted has only single phase 120V power available from the mains at the house. The inverters are feeding a pony panel that is stand alone feeding only the critical power needs in the home. The pony panel is separate and isolated from the Mains power distribution in the home.

Solar charging is provided by 5 smartsolar 20/100 48v charge controllers set to charge at 24 volts from an array of panels on the roof.

I don't need to feed mains power to the house just use it to charge up the batteries if the SOC becomes too low.

#1 How do I connect the 120 V single phase power to allow charging of the batteries, or is this even possible? Please advise.

#2 if this is possible do I connect the garage 120V power to the master unit and not the Slave unit ?

battery chargingmultiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matthiasu avatar image
matthiasu answered ·

IMHO you need a separate battery charger. You can't use the multis for that.

Anyway, why the heck do you have 120V going to the garage but 240V going back to the house? The reasonable way to do this is to run another wire to the garage.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.