question

agroventuresperu avatar image
agroventuresperu asked

Why Can't I Add an Installation on VRM

I'm trying to add my cerboGX installation to VRM. I already created my login ID, and verified it after receiving the email from Victron in my inbox.

I've tried about 10 times. Tried on different browsers. The VRM instruction manual says that you add the VRM ID of the Cerbo and then click on the button below, "Add"

I don't have that button when I'm on that page. The button in my case says, "Request Access"

I am able to run remote console just fine from my laptop, which to me suggests this is not a connectivity problem.

Every time I click "Request Access" there's a popup that says the administrators will be notified. I never get any emails from Victron. Is this something that perhaps takes a few days to update?

cerbo gxVRMremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Try to contact the seller from whom you bought it. Maybe he already registered the system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

agroventuresperu answered ·

My distributor says they did not set up administrator access for themselves before shipping us our new products.

On another thread there is a link to a "Support Request to your local dealer" Here's the thread I'm talking about: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/1485/administrator-of-the-installation.html

I need to change the administrator access somehow. Why is the link on that thread a form to contact the same distributors who are probably dishonest or at least so disorganized that they can't even keep track of which customer's hardware they've already compromised?

I don't need their support. It seems they lied to me about having already set up access to VRM with my CerboGX. Even had them on the phone today and asked them directly about this, and they told me they did not set up access for themselves before shipping us our order. So then who has the administrator privileges to my CerboGX on VRM. It's a big mystery!

Where is the link to report a bad distributor?

It's been two months now dealing with what is likely a Pylontech BMS problem or cell imbalance, and I've gotten no useful help from this distributor. I even talked to the technician today that they recommended charging me to come out and "give my system a look". The guy is not even familiar with BatteryView, which is the software Pylontech sent me to view more detailed data for their batteries. The distributor just keeps going around in circles about connect remotely via VRM to see what's going on. Apparently they should already be able to do that. Can you even see detailed Pylontech data like such as cell voltages via VRM?

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@AgroVenturesPeru

Is the Cerbo connected to the internet and already transmitting data to the VRM. You can't add it as an installation until it is doing that.

2 |3000

agroventuresperu answered ·

I see there is a South American sales manager I can reach out to. Would he be the proper channel to lodge my complaint?

About a half hour ago, I received a message in my inbox from the lead engineer of my distributor saying that he has now granted me access to be able to check my installation on VRM. Okay so what do you know. They did have access this whole time. I guess I can thank them now for all the hours wasted trying to piece together solutions from internet forums and being hassled by them to figure out how to access the installation on VRM.

Now the most important question remains:

How do I revoke their administrator access and ensure that they no longer have access in the future?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Login into your installation go to the settings and remove them, but this only works if they gave you admin rights to your installation.
0 Likes 0 ·