question

Liberty International Sailing Club avatar image
Liberty International Sailing Club asked

Phoenix inverter compact 24/1600 SENSE terminals

Hello,

I bought a second-hand unused phoenix inverter compact 24/1600. There are 2 wires coming out of the inverter that are crimped together. Inside the inverter the wires are connected on a terminal labeled SENSE. What is the purpose of the wires/terminals? I could not find any information about them in the manual. Attached are some pictures of the inverter and the wires/terminals in question.

Phoenix Inverterwiringvoltageinstallationsensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

I do believe it’s the t-sense (temperature sensor). It gets mounted onto the negative battery terminal, and is used for temperature compensation during charging.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

The unit that I have is just the inverter, not an inverter/charger. At least as far as I know. Perhaps it is the temperature sensor on the batteries for when the unit is consuming power.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Normally you can find old manuals here:
https://www.victronenergy.com/old_manuals

But the Phoenix Compact link doesn't work :(
@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff) can you find it somewhere?

I -think- it is a voltage sense connection, incorrectly used with a temperature sensor, but wouldn't trust on my thinking ;)
Just remove the wires and everything should work without them.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron Wiring Unlimited Book

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page