question

aldo avatar image
aldo asked

I connected a Mppt 450/200 to the Venux GX via the Ve-Direct . The system charges the batteries but I do not see it in the VRM. I checked the device list and it is not there, on the other hand I see the Fronius Primo 8.2 twice. suggestions

1659716329707.png

MPPT ControllersVRMVenus GX - VGX
1659716329707.png (10.1 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Do you see it in the on the GX device list?
0 Likes 0 ·
aldo avatar image aldo Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Thanks Alexandra.

No I cant see It.

1659780848544.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1659780848544.png (33.3 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ aldo commented ·
You definitely wont see it on the vrm without it logging to the GX. If neither the ve direct nor the RJ45 is woring then it needs either a return, or a deeper look into theunit to make sure all the connections are ok.
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
aldo avatar image
aldo answered ·

After reading manuals and making several attempts, the solution was much simpler than expected.

The new, original Ve-Direct cable was probably defective.

After changing the cable with a new one, the system was immediately seen by the Venux GX.

Being a new cable it was the solution that seemed most unlikely but it happened.

:-)
Thanks to all

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
It is still odd that the rj45 cable did not work either. Unless the can terminators weren't in place?

Still glad there was a solution.

0 Likes 0 ·
Brian Brown avatar image
Brian Brown answered ·

Make sure both devices have the latest firmware. Maybe there's something wrong with the VE.Direct cable? Can you try using VE.Can? Don't forget the terminator resistors.

2 |3000

aldo avatar image
aldo answered ·

I also tried an rJ45 cable in place of the Ve.Direct cable.

But the problem is still there.

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Remember you can’t connect both at the same time.

Have you tried to restart the gx while it is connected, occasionally something can get stuck.

Alternatively. Disconnect pv, disconnect the charger from the battery and then let it power up again.

0 Likes 0 ·