I have two Victron devices which I am planning to use to charge my laptop via laptop cigarette car charger (Input: 7A / 11..12V):
- Victron MPPT 75|15 SmartSolar charge controller which I am planning to connect to 160W solar panels
- Victron Peak Power Pack 40Ah (PPP)
Now I am puzzled what would be the best setup and how to connect them as from the instructions there are couple options e.g.:
- Connect laptop charger from the SmartSolar LOAD and connect BATT to the Car/Solar input of the PPP (Peak Power Pack)
- Connect SmartSolar BATT to the Input 1 of the PPP - Input 1 is the same as high current output and then connect Laptop charget to the Output 2 of the PPP.
- Connect SmartSolar BATT to the Car/Solar input of the PPP and the laptop charget to the Ouptut 2 of the PPP.
- Connect SmartSolar BATT to the Input 2 (the same as the Output 2) of the PPP and then laptop charger to the Output 1 of the PPP
- Connect SmartSolar BATT to the Input 2 (the same as the Output 2) of the PPP and then laptop charger to the LOAD of the SmartSolar.
And so on, in short the laptop charger can be connected to either SmartSolar LOAD or the OUTPUT 1 or the OUTPUT 2 of the PPP.
And the BATT from the SmartSolar can be connected to the Car/Solar, Input 1 or Input 2 of the PPP, so I am puzzled which option to chose as in theory all should work.