question

sweyn avatar image
sweyn asked

Last Full Charge Unknown

My Victron Smart Lithium 200Ah 12v battery says “Last Full Charge Unknown” and “Cell Status Unknown”

My whole system is new, and I’m not convinced it has correct SOC. The system from first connection believed the battery is at 100% extremely quickly.

It is DVCC.

Lynx Smart BMS and Distributer, Multiplus 12/800/35, MPPTs, CerboGX, Orion DC DC,

The Multiplus goes into Absorbtion very quickly, but then never goes to float.

Any ideas?d99dfc7c-7bb1-43d2-a59d-41086aa83437.png

cerbo gxSOCDVCCsmart lithium
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Sweyn

Reasons for the unknown cell status:

• Battery hasn't been initially charged
  • Battery has not been fully charged for last 30 days

See also chapter 5.2.2. Cell balancing in the manual.

The multi will never float as it is voltage controlled by DVCC. From a multi point of view it's either bulk or absorption, from a DVCC point of view it's either 13.50v (which your batteries are on) or 14.20v.

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sweyn avatar image sweyn commented ·
In accordance with the manual, since it is a single battery, I didn’t pre-charge it.

Is there a way to re-start the process to make it fully charge, or do i just leave it in absorbtion for ever till it finally tops up?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ sweyn commented ·

If I remember correctly, there is a Lynx Smart BMS in your system, right?

Set the SoC threshold below the actual state of charge number. This should trigger a new full charge cycle by sending a new 14.20V CVL to your DVCC controlled chargers. Or wait for the repeated absorption time value to be reached.

1 Like 1 ·
sweyn avatar image sweyn Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Sorry to be stupid, I can’t find where I can set the SOC threshold?
0 Likes 0 ·
sweyn avatar image sweyn sweyn commented ·
Found it! Thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ sweyn commented ·
You'll find that in the Lynx Smart BMS settings via VictronConnect app.
0 Likes 0 ·

Where in the manual does it say that a single battery should not be initially charged?

Maybe that's something we can improve?

If you refer to "If multiple batteries are going to be connected in series or in series/parallel, each individual battery needs to be fully charged before all batteries are interconnected.", this is aimed at installations with multiple batteries connected in series and/or series/parallel.

0 Likes 0 ·
sweyn avatar image sweyn Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Battery ManualSection 4.1.4.

Blue Highlighted.

378b440b-5e93-4a81-8154-806d1a38e969.png

1 Like 1 ·