question

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell asked

Feature request: Cerbo GX DVCC to also share SOC from BMV to Multiplus

Many of us have systems with a BMV battery monitor, a VS device such as a Cerbo, a Multiplus and other charging sources which the Multiplus ignores in its SOC calculation. Often in these systems, such as a boat, the Multiplus is often not used for charging when away from shoreline so it's DOC deviated badly. The Multiplus firmware has the ability to shut the inverter down at low SOC which is a good feature, but in the above scenario quite useless. In the system above, the Multiplus would benefit from being able to use the BMV SOC is shared SOC was programmed as part of DVCC.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxVenus GX - VGXSOCDVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @pwfarnell

Unless I misunderstand, this feature already exists. You select in the GX where the system SOC originates, like this..

1622028942498.png

'Automatic' defaults to the SmartShunt (or BMV) by preference.

The Multi-sourced SOC seems to vanish, and even on VRM the VEBus SOC widget shows 'No Data'.

Is this what you mean?

1622028942498.png (100.9 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·

Yes you can do that and that sets which meter the Cerbo GX uses for the SOC and what is reported on VRM. However, as far as I can tell, it does not feed into the Multiplus. I already had the BMV set as the SOC source on the Cerbo as you note, then I tried to set the Multiplus control that shuts down the inverter if the SOC is too low, but it said I could not do this because I had not set up the SOC calculation on the Multiplus. I had to set the battery parameters on the Multiplus before I could enable the inverter shut down at low SOC. To me this means that the Multiplus does not pick up the BMV SOC from the Cerbo.

With a system having an engine alternator and MPPT feeding the batteries, the Multiplus SOC is not reliable as it ignores these charge sources and diverges.

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm pwfarnell commented ·

There is a capability which synchronise the BMV/Venus OS SOC with the VE.BUS/Multiplus SoC…

1622064163957.png1622064214742.png1622064272479.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1622064163957.png (95.3 KiB)
1622064214742.png (118.2 KiB)
1622064272479.png (94.9 KiB)
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Yes, to use the "shut-down on SOC" feature of the MultiPlus you have to enable the internal battery monitor but it doesn't matter what you enter there (you should enter the actual values) because the SOC is coming from the BMV through the Cerbo.

1 comment
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·

Many thanks, I did not enable the shutdown on low SOC because of concerns, I can now do this.

0 Likes 0 ·