question

marc-heide avatar image
marc-heide asked

Discharge floor generator autostart

When i set my discharge floor on 50%

And the geneator autostart stop on 0%- 100%.

Will the 0% actual be 50% or would i completly discharge my battery bank to 0%?

SmartShuntGeneratorSOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I would think that you would totally discharge your bank to 0%

however I have never tried it so set it to 40 and if it gets to 40% then you will know for sure. its allways worth a test

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

@Marc Heide , The discharge floor is set on the smartshunt to allow the smartshunt to tell “time to go”. It has no other function.

The generator start SOC sets when the generator will start. In your case you will start the generator at 0% SOC and stop the generator at 100%. We would not set it like that because while you can discharge lithium batteries completely it does reduce their cycle life. We would set generator start to maybe 20% and stop the generator at say 98%.

The discharge floor and generator start SOC do not interact at all and serve different functions.

Regards,

Trevor

2 |3000

marc-heide avatar image
marc-heide answered ·

Thank you guys.

Now i know there is no interraction between the settings!

Pa. I now never to discharge to 0% but it was just for an example.

2 |3000