question

snoobler avatar image
snoobler asked

How to confirm if CCGX can update VE.Bus firmware via VRM?

Instructions for remote verification of CCGX ability to update VE.Bus firmware via VRM are ambiguous.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:remote_ve.bus_firmware_updates#q2how_to_see_if_a_ccgx_hardware_version_matches_the_required_minimal_version

1658774243260.png

3 options listed:

I am offsite and unable to verify my serial number.

The serial number is not listed in the VRM device list.

I find the last option ambiguous. What needs to say MK3? Does it need to be the items on the left or the right?

Maybe a better example would be to show a CCGX that DOES meet the requirements and identify the specific criteria?

Here's what mine shows:

1658774381461.png

This was purchased in 2019, so I would hope it's newer than 2017, but given the instructions, I can't confirm if it meets the serial number requirements per the example.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color ControlVE.Busvrm firmware update
1658774381461.png (34.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Just try it? It will work or not.

If it says MK3 it should have a MK3.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image snoobler commented ·

Thank you. I'm hesitant to try it, because it's remote, and I've had to lean on the kindness of a good neighbor to help get it sorted out.

Let's just say, I've already leaned on their generosity a few times due to doing stupid stuff... :)

Like turning off the inverter via VRM dashboard and forgetting that the CCGX network connection depended on an AC powered access point (which is now DC powered).

Thanks again!

0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

It worked... I waited until I was on site, and it went very smoothly.

2 |3000