question

wepbsk avatar image
wepbsk asked

where is the battery temperature in vrm portal?

When I connect via Bluetooth to my smart solar MPPT 450|200 I can see the battery temperature from the connected sensor. But in the vrm portal I can't find it. What am I doing wrong? I have the cerbo gx as central device.

VRMTemperature Sensor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

canarias avatar image canarias commented ·

Hello,

I have the same problem. The 450/200 (via VE.direct) doesn't send the temperature to the GX/VRM, but it is shown in Victron Connect.

I know I could use a sensor on the GX, but I deliberately want it to be on the charger.

Would be nice to get a software update.

regards,
canarias

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I use the chart in the advanced section

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

32mike avatar image 32mike commented ·

Same problem for me. I have no chart fir temperature in the advanced section. Under the Temperature sensor selectable items, shockingly, there is no selectable widget for “temperature.”

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ 32mike commented ·
Shockingly, battery temperature is listed under either VE bus system (if it is attached to the inverter) or battery monitor (if it is on the BMS/BMV). That is the ordinary widgets, before you consider creating your own custom ones, where there are even greater options.
0 Likes 0 ·
32mike avatar image 32mike nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Not under my battery monitor. There is no widget for temperature on either the temperature sensor (shockingly) or the battery monitor (surprisingly).
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ 32mike commented ·

Hopefully this is surprising ;)

Obviously needs a probe attached to render data.

Just select it to add.

screenshot-2022-08-31-at-140216.png

screenshot-2022-08-31-at-140232.png

screenshot-2022-08-31-at-140443.png

0 Likes 0 ·
32mike avatar image 32mike nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

I‘m using a BMV-712 and I don’t have the auxiliary input attached to a temperature sensor. I use that for the engine battery monitor. I have a Smart Battery Sense. So, I don’t have a temperature probe attached to the BMV and I’m figuring that‘s why there is no temperature widget under the battery monitor. However, I (any reasonable person) would expect that under the temperature sensor, there would be a widget for “temperature” being that it IS what it’s main purpose is. Alas, it isn’t there.

841fc5a2-1bc4-4c88-a26a-599700aba613.jpegImage Caption

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Your GX has temp inputs, which will be enabled under settings -> IO.

This will be listed as a temp device in the GX device list and has a dedicated widget in advanced.

It requires this sensor https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/temperature-sensor-qua-pmp-venus-gx

The BMV doesn't appear to list temp as an option if Aux is used for something else, such as midpoint etc.

2 comments
2 |3000

32mike avatar image 32mike commented ·

Ok, I understand now about the BMV and the aux input. In order to see the temperature from it, the BMV must need the direct wired temperature input not the BT input from the Smart Battery Sense.

What about the SBS itself? It is connected via BT to the Globallink and listed in the devices in VRM. It only measures two things - temperature and battery voltage. It DOES transmit the voltage but not the primary measurement of temperature. That just seems like an oversight, no? Or am I doing something wrong?

27a9f32c-bd36-4a5f-a0e9-2c06f16dd462.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
32mike avatar image 32mike 32mike commented ·

So this is weird.

This afternoon, i could see the temperature from the SBS.

23b4bac3-b0a1-4abd-82f4-fde37abf64f4.png

Now, later on, it is gone again. Stray trons, I guess.

0 Likes 0 ·