question

apacalipto avatar image
apacalipto asked

Can't turn of DVCC to balance Pylontech Cells

Hi Guys,

We had some strange high voltage (49,12V) alerts on a Pylontech battery set (6 x US2000C). 3 batteries were a few month's old and 3 new batteries.

We got some internal error's and high voltage alerts, so we contacted Pylontech technical support.

They told us the following:

"OK, please try the following method first:

1. Please use a DC charger with 53.2V and 2-3A to charge these battery together for over 8 hours. This will help balance the cell voltages. This is the best solution.

2. If you do not have a DC charger, please set the inverter in force charging mode for over 8 hours. This will also achieve the effect of cell voltage balance."

I wanted to go with option 2, so I can do it remotely..

Through remote VE configure, i changed the settings in the multi.

But the systems overwrites this... Because I can't turn off DVCC.

I don't think it's possible to do this another way?

So the only option I have is.
Go back to Venus OS 2.73 So I can turn off DVCC.

But the last to stored software versions are 2.87 and 2.85..

So I can't do that remotely? And I still have to go to the location to use a dc charger or use an sd card/usb to put software version 2.73 of venus os in the system.

Or am I missing something?

PylontechDVCCBattery Balancer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
dirk-s avatar image
dirk-s answered ·

What about that somebody on the physical location remove the can bus cable from the Pylontech? In this case the Pylontech would be like stupid batteries.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

You would beed to then re program the whole (as in each component) system to keep the charge current down as suggested.

The purpose of dvcc is to tell all the combined components at once.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Apacalipto

Dvcc is forced on by the Pylontec batteries comms cable. And is a requirement.

Just turn down the charge amps and set the system in dvcc and also set the system to keep batteries charged in ess

By the way high voltage error is common on Pylontec especially when they are new and need to be kept charge to sort out the initial cell balancing and then hopefully at regular intervals after that to maintain the cell balance.

Information found at the bottom of this page

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide

DVCC chapter in GX manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic