question

solarlion avatar image
solarlion asked

Using DVCC – how to balance between 3 MPPT and AC charging?

Hello,

I want to build a setup with 3 Multiplus II 5000 in 3 phase configuration.
Where I have 3 different MPPT Trackers (10 south, 9 south and 4 west Modules) and also want to use the AC charging. The AC charging is, because I have a second Solar (8,2 KWp) without batterys on the AC side.

Battery’s should be 8 Pylontech US3000c. I can use a maximum of 240 Amps of charge current.

The manual recommend using DVCC when using this type of battery. But I found no information if it is possible (or how to do it) to distribute the charging load across the 3 MPPTs and 3 Multiplus II. Is this done “Automatically”?

What it should be:
Distribute the possible charging Amps across the MPPTs.
And only if:

• AC is still feeding the grid from the AC coupled solar
  • Battery has capacity of more Amps
  • Or MPPTs do not use their budget because its cloudy

Then load from the AC side.

Pylontech3 phaseDVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Solarlion

DVCC gets forced on with Pylontec when you connect the CAN cable so no need to stress really, they dictate to the system what they want.

Since they manage themselves you dont need to stress too much.

On your grid charging tab just remember that what you set there is multiplied by three to the battery. I generally set that lower but thats just preference.

You don't want to throttle the mppts at all as it will affect their ability to run loads. Just let the system do it. In any case you are not likely to get the max out of all the arrays at the same time in the system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Solarlion

I'm not sure what 'manual' you've been reading, but DVCC is just a small part of what you seek. You'll need ESS, so it's all not so 'automatic', but you'll need to work through this, which is just a starter.. https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/index-en.html

1 comment
2 |3000

solarlion avatar image solarlion commented ·

ESS for sure. But it is about the DVCC setting. This manul say you need to enable it with Pylontech batterys: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom
But i cant find a setting how this dynamic loading current from DVCC is balaned between the MPPTs and the charging with ESS from the MultiPlus II.

0 Likes 0 ·