question

elmar-streich avatar image
elmar-streich asked

How to connect GX cerbo with Multi Rs Solar MPPT 450

Hello everyone,

my dad decided to exchange the hardware of his solar charger and batteries to Victron. I was not involved but after he realized that he can't deal with he setup, he reached out to me. my apologies right in the beginning for my silly questions, but in fact it's not plug and play and I need help.

The Multi RS Solar is connected to the solar panels and to the batteries, I did also establish the power line from the 230V grid, the output line of 230V is connected too. Except missing settings for the batteries, everything is running well. The wireless connection is established to house wireless through Bluetooth.

So far so good. But now I tried to connect the Cerbo GX with the Multi Rs Solar. The wireless is connected and I can remotely access the Cerbo GX.but there seems to be no connection with the Multi Rs Solar and when accessing the platform it's empty.

When I tried to connect Cerbo and Multi Rs I didn't find any circuit diagrams. I have tested RJ45 cables as well as CAN cable on several ports without success.

Please guys, can someone enlighten me and share details for the connection with me? there are no details and diagrams online that can answer my questions and I go slowly nuts.

thanks on advance

Elmar from Germany, Lower Saxony

cerbo gxsolargx devicemppt rsinverter rs
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

elmar-streich avatar image elmar-streich commented ·

img-20220602-210651.jpgImage Caption

img-20220528-131355.jpgimg-20220602-210639.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Start by reading the Multi RS manual and Cerbo GX manual. You might damage something.

-------

You connect to the GX to the Multi RS via VE.Can.

Install terminators in the unused ports (both devices). Cerbo GX is delivered with two VE.Can terminators.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

elmar-streich avatar image
elmar-streich answered ·

hello Seb71,

thank you, works.

The manuals are not good enough and a step by step introduction is missing. Each manual refers to individual devices only, same with the videos. anyway, thanks again.

Elmar

2 |3000