question

grayjp5 avatar image
grayjp5 asked

Blue Smart IP22 Charger and Victron-Connect App

I recently installed a Blue Smart IP22 Charger (30A, 3 bank) in my boat. This is connected to my house battery (AGM) and my running battery (lead/acid/flooded). I don't see anywhere in the Victron-Connect app to monitor individual batteries. Is there a way? In the app it seems like the same charge profile is applied constantly to all banks (which wouldn't be very "Smart". Am I missing something here? Is there a way to visualize what is going on in each bank/channel? Is each cannel handled independently and the app just doesn't portray this? Is that is the case, which bank is being displayed? For the most part I will be wanting to charge the depleted house battery and simply maintain/float the running battery. I'm assuming that this is an extremely common situation.

chargerVictronConnectbluesmart ip22ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@grayjp5@hotmail.com

Unfortunately, this is not possible. The charging profile set via the VictronConnect app applies to all 3 outputs simultaneously.

What you want requires 3 independent chargers.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

grayjp5 avatar image
grayjp5 answered ·

So all 3 banks need to be depleted to the same degree, always, or you will over charge the one that starts at a higher charge level?

3 comments
2 |3000

grayjp5 avatar image grayjp5 commented ·
And which bank/channel is displayed in the VictronConnect app?
0 Likes 0 ·

@grayjp5@hotmail.com

No. The bank with the higher charge level takes less charging current earlier than the one with a lower charge level.

As far as I am aware of the 3 output IP22, there is no specific output displayed. VictronConnect is showing only the overall current (combined) and battery voltage.

0 Likes 0 ·
grayjp5 avatar image grayjp5 Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
It displays the current output voltage and current on the main screen of the android app. OK, so the VictroConnect app is displaying the 'average' state of output to the 2 banks (in my case)? Nothing specific, just an average of what is really going on? Hmmm..
0 Likes 0 ·
grayjp5 avatar image
grayjp5 answered ·

I'm hoping that someone knows, definitively, how this Blue Smart IP22 12V 30A 3 output charger (available as 1 and 3 output versions) handles the specific needs of each of the 3 outputs independently? For example each of the connected batteries are depleted to different extents, perhaps 31 only requires maintenance/float whereas #2 requires charging from a 30% state. I wouldn't be so concerned except that the VictronConnect app only shows single charging information (as though this was a single output). It's a little difficult to envision a scenario when all 3 outputs should be handled as single..? Unfortunately Victron does NOT address this issue in ANY of the documentation. Lastly, is each output capable of 30A output (so for example the 3 output performs exactly the same as the 1 output version if only 1 output is being used)? Someone mentioned to me that they "thought" that the 3 output version was only capable of 10A per channel max, or perhaps 15A per output in the case where only 2 outputs were used.?

1 comment
2 |3000

grayjp5 avatar image grayjp5 commented ·

Sorry, typo. Should read: "For example each of the connected batteries are depleted to different extents, perhaps #1 only requires maintenance/float whereas #2 requires charging from a 30% state."

0 Likes 0 ·