question

rosswarren avatar image
rosswarren asked

Pheonix 12/250 vibration and alarm

I have a Pheonix 12/250 inverter and it has served me well, I have used it to charge my laptop and power tools.

When doing this charging the fan comes on on the inverter.

However, I bought a 120W ice cube machine which should be well under the load capacity. In standby there is no problem but when I activate the ice function, after about 20 seconds or so the inverter vibrates suddenly quite loudly and then shuts off with the alarm light on. The fan doesn't come on.

I think the lights were a solid red light with green light flashing twice which would indicate overload, but the device should be well under the inverter capacity.

The device states 120W, 0.8A, 220-240V.

I was wondering what could be the problem?

Thanks, Ross

Phoenix Inverteralarmpheonix
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@rosswarren

Nothing will be wrong with the Victron Does the ice maker have a compressor? To start up motor loads there is often a heavy draw (Can be 5 times the rating).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rosswarren avatar image rosswarren commented ·
Yes, that's probably the issue. Thanks Alexandra, I will return the ice maker and buy something else.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page