question

jauho avatar image
jauho asked

Phoenix 375VA/12 Remote on-off switch with indication LED

Hi,

I would like to connect a custom switch with an indicator LED to the remote on-off connector.

I'm looking something like: "H - LED - Series resistor - Switch ON/OFF - L" solution.

How much voltage drop is allowed between the H & L terminals? And what is the current (xx mA?) flowing between H & L terminals? ( Do I need a series resistor and if so what resistance without interfering functionality?)

I need to maintain solid motorhome interior appearance by using similar power switches everywhere and therefore the following Victron product is not an option for me: Phoenix Inverter Control VE.Direct - Victron Energy

Kind Regards, Ilkka

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
jauho avatar image
jauho answered ·

problem solved. Seems that the current is anyway fairly low; just made a trial with standard blue LED. No need for serial resistor; LED is not too bright so apparently the current is fairly low and system is not suffering from relatively high voltage drop introduced by the blue led. didn't measure the current though... (didn't find my portable multimeter :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fhocorp avatar image
fhocorp answered ·

Thanks for your research. This will help me a lot form my custom setup (Remote power on via electronic relay connected on L & H terminals and a LED for the remote panel).

2 |3000

rechena avatar image
rechena answered ·

This is exactly what I need, would you have a diagram of the wiring? Where you getting the LED negative from? Thanks

2 |3000