question

dpaparis avatar image
dpaparis asked

EasySolar SOC and Virtual Switch problem

Good morning to everyone!

In an off-grid 24volt system, I have installed an EasySolar-II 3kva MPPT250 / 70 GX, 2kWp pv panels and 535Ah OPzV batteries. I have the following problems:

1. The SOC constantly seems to falls, the pv panels do not seem to charge the batteries sufficiently, although it is shiny days and the ac loads are very low (25W-70W). I think showing SOC is fake. I suspect this is because the battery monitor is made by the embedded multiplus and not by the MPPT solar charger. True? How can I change that?

screenshot-2022-05-11-223330.png

screenshot-2022-05-11-223436.png

2. The Virtual Switch does not work. I have made all the settings but the NO or NC contacts do not change status when the battery conditions are met.

screenshot-2022-05-11-223113.pngscreenshot-2022-05-11-223143.png

3. I cant find at remote console the relay menu

Thank you all in advance.

GeneratorEasySolar All-in-OneSOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

1. what are your absorption and float voltages, and do they correspond to the recommendations of your battery manufacturer/

What are your "charged" criteria for 100% SoC?

2. No idea.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dpaparis avatar image
dpaparis answered ·

Thank u for your answer. The absorption and the float voltage are according to the battery manufacture. I think it is fake. I am wondering if i have to install something else to read the real SOC.

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @dpaparis

The only SOC you have natively onboard that Easy is the one in the Multiplus. The settings for it are in the General tab.

But it relies on seeing it's own Absorb V to reset the 'Bulk Finished' value. And it isn't seeing that regularly. Set the Multi's Abs V slightly lower than that set in the mppt (in Charger tab), so then it can register. There's a chance the V's in the Multi and mppt are reading differently, so allow for that or use DVCC to select a System V (see CCGX manual). Also make sure the Temp Comp values are identical in both chargers.

But a SmartShunt would be a worthwhile addition to your system. Much more accurate, but still will need tuning.

Your system seems to actually be running fine, fully charging each day.

Not sure what you're doing there with the VS? The relay for that is in the Multi, not the CCGX. And you have enough battery there to not need to autostart a genset with 2548W of load, especially with solar producing. Just as well it isn't starting, as it won't stop with 29V set as a stop V - you never get to that..

2 |3000

Related Resources