question

Ingo Pfeiffer avatar image
Ingo Pfeiffer asked

Lynx BMS Settings in VE Connect for battery size?

Hello

Seeking confirmation of my understanding by the experts:

Installed: Lynx BMS with two Smart Lithium batteries of 200Ah capacity connected in parallel. Thus total of 400Ah installed.

In VE Connect for the Lynx BMS I need to do settings for Battery size and number of batteries. I have chosen 400Ah and 2 as in picture below.

7659af2d-b7a9-42a3-9c66-ac9b74c75d0d.jpeg

When looking at the BMS main screen I feel this setting is reflected roughly correct when state of charge says 95% and consumption says 22,5Ah (and should be changing to 94% at 24Ah consumption)…, see below.

So, is this the correct setting? If yes, maybe the VE app setting should say „Battery/Battery bank capacity“ to be more clear? What do you think?

A follow-on question is: why is the number of batteries needed as setting info?

7fdce343-834f-4d9c-ab40-8f8105b4b107.jpeg

BMSVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Ingo Pfeiffer

Since both batteries are in parallel, it counts as one battery. So the number of batteries in your case is 1.

The number of batteries is required for when you have series string batteries in parallel. Like 2 series strings and then in parallel, which makes the number of batteries 2. This parameter helps the BMS when the automatic balancing program is active.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ingo Pfeiffer avatar image Ingo Pfeiffer commented ·

Thx once again for a helpful and quick reply @Stefanie. I’ll change to 1.

0 Likes 0 ·