DVCC shuts off BlueSolar when battery is fully charged

Hi,

I have following small installation:

1520Wp panel source

1x BlueSolar 150/35

1x Cerbo GX

1x Pylontech Battery

1x AEConversion INV500

The battery BMS is talking to the Cerbo via CAN. This forces DVCC on the Cerbo switched on. When the battery reaches 90% of its capacity the BMS is reducing the max current from the BlueSolar from 25A down to 10A. As I do have an inverter which is not seen by the Cerbo it's also unknown how much current the inverter is drawing. The inverter uses a maximum of 10A. So when I set the inverter to 100% in this condition no current reaches the Pylontech anymore. I understand usually (when the inverter is known to the Cerbo) DVCC is considering the current taken by the inverter.

To get a full charge I need to reduce the inverter power to somewhat lower than 100% so some current is left going into the battery.

When the battery is fully charged DVCC is turning off the BlueSolar completely. Although my inverter still would like to work.

I see actually only one way out of this dilemma --> disconnecting the BMS from the Cerbo and deactivate DVCC. If I then would connect the Pylontech to the Cerbo using a simple RS485 connection ... will I still get values from the battery visible in the VRM ?

Does somebody have any other suggestion ?

Thanks

pawl

cerbo gxBMSPylontechDVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@pawlvandik

Try activating has DC system under System Setup.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pawlvandik avatar image
pawlvandik answered ·

Thanks for the quick answer! Will monitor how it works tomorrow.

System goes now to night mode :)

2 |3000

pawlvandik avatar image
pawlvandik answered ·

So with enable "Has DC System" I made visible what the inverter uses but DVCC still controls CCL.

Right now its not continuing to charge the battery due to the inverter takes everything from the pv modules.

Is there some option to override something in the Venus OS level ?

Thanks

2 |3000

pawlvandik avatar image
pawlvandik answered ·

So I manually reduced power to the inverter .... then the batterie charges to 100% and still the BMS drives the BlueSolar to no power from the panels

2 |3000

conundrum avatar image
conundrum answered ·

Hi,I had the same issue with Dvcc and non Victron inverter.My mppt's stopped once the pylontech was 100%.Now I disabled Dvcc leaving the pylontech can cable only to monitor the temperature and the cell balance.For the mppt's I created a smart network and now I can use full power from my panels.

2 |3000