question

sookati avatar image
sookati asked

New Multiplus ii 2x 120 Temperature light stays on

Hi everyone,

I just installed a Multiplus ii 2x 120 in my RV, and it seemed to work ok for about 20 minutes, but then the temperature light came on. The Cerbo is telling me it's a "Temperature L1: Alarm". I figured it needed to cool down (wasn't hot to the touch) so I opened up the doors and put a fan on it. I checked after a while, and it was completely cool, but the light was still on and the fan was running.

I shut it down and tried starting it up the next morning, and the fan turns on full power, the temp light comes on, and it won't do anything. Do I need to go in and reset something in the software? I took the cover off, hoping that the temp sensor would have a wire loose or something, but no luck.

multiplus ve.buserrorTemperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As you have not mention the size of the mutlplus II , but it sounds like the L1 side is being used at a very high level and nothing or little is being used on the L2 side. if this is not the case thenyou may need to return it to the dealer you purchased it from for checking, or call them for advise

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sookati avatar image
sookati answered ·

Sorry, I have two of the Multiplus II 2x 120 3000 watt inverters. This is a brand new setup, and I didn't have any load on the system. I went into both inverters with the MK3 and was able to set the working unit in standalone mode. Even after a firmware update, the other unit goes right into the high temp alert as soon as it's started up, even with no load on it.

1 comment
2 |3000

kw4np avatar image kw4np commented ·
@sookati , Did you find a solution to this issue? I'm having the same kind of problem, no help from Victron so far.

0 Likes 0 ·
djhoxsey avatar image
djhoxsey answered ·

Is there a solution? Ours just started doing the same. Thanks.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor