question

mvmoock avatar image
mvmoock asked

VE.Bus System [276]

Hi,

For a while I have an Overload error in my alarm log. But I cannot find the problem.

In the graphs I don't really see a problem, which happend then. The system works just fine, also under load.

Also took the power of the system completely. But it doesn't make any difference.

Also resetting the multi doesn't make the error go away.

Does anyone know what is happening?

The system is on a boat.

Multiplus 48/5000/70

BlueSolar Charger MPPT 150/35 rev3

Cerbo-S GX

BMV-712 Smart

All updated to the newest software.

On the 48v is an electric motor which uses most power. But not at that time.

230v side only has a dehumidifier of 80watts.

Shore power is attached at that moment.

schermafbeelding-2024-02-27-om-210145.png

schermafbeelding-2024-02-27-om-210131.png

MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-48

multiplus ve.buserror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

What battery do you have?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvmoock avatar image mvmoock commented ·
4 AGM batteries

260ah in total

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@Mvmoock

That this alarm hasn't cleared suggests some kind of comms issue. Does it also show in Notifications in Remote Console? If so, try to accept/delete it there. A reboot of the Cerbo should remove it, but if it returns maybe check the VE.Bus cabling between the Cerbo and the Multi.

As an aside, I'm curious about the sharp jump in battery Temp when charge is applied. That isn't normal. Heating wire or terminal??

1 comment
2 |3000

mvmoock avatar image mvmoock commented ·

No the error is not active in the Remote console.

After rebooting the Cerbo, the error stays in the VRM portal, not in the Remote console.

I just replaced the cable, the error was there before.

Yes the heating is kinda normal in this system. 25mm2 cables to the batteries, I think to little for this size and will replace them.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Transient overloads do happen. And at low loads. It can be related to grid quality. It can also be battery related. If they are infrequent and it isn’t affecting operation, I wouldn’t worry about it.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic