question

thomasl avatar image
thomasl asked

Mutliplus Firmware too new for Connect App?

Hi,

I've just bought a new Multiplus 12/3000/120-16. When connecting to it via Bluetooth everything works fine, but through the MK3-USB - when trying to access the advanced settings - it tells me that the firmware (v481) of the Multiplus is too new for the App (v.5.59) and I need to update it.

How can I access the Multiplus? Do I need to downgrade the firmware or will der be an update to Victron Connect soon?

VictronConnectfirmware updatemultiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
thomasl avatar image
thomasl answered ·

It turns out that I needd to disable Bluetooth. I was not connected but I had a VE.Smart.BT dongle installed (not connected to the Multiplus). After turning off BT on my phone the USB connection worked and I was able to update the (indeed very old) version of the firmware.

Maybe this helps someone else.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

Perhaps you could try using a different program on your PC called Victron Configure. It is an older and slightly different program than the Connect program but it is still very good and for some things better.

2 |3000