question

jjs029 avatar image
jjs029 asked

No temperature displayed in VRM Dashboard

I used to be able to see the battery temperature on the main Dashboard. I recently made a few changes to my setup and now the temperature has disappeared. The changes made were:

1) Removed BMV-702 and installed SmartShunt

2) Installed a BMS and connected to the VenusGX via CanBus

3) Updated MultiPlus firmware to latest and enabled ESS

The MultiPlus, SmartShunt, and BMS each have a sensor and are reporting temperature. I can see it in the Remote Console and on VRM if I configure an Advanced Widget, but I can't seem to make it show on the Dashboard. Appreciate any advice, thank you!

screenshot-2022-04-07-16-25-17.png

screenshot-2022-04-07-16-26-56.png

VRMtemperaturedashboard display
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

There have been a lot of enhancements to the dashboard recently. The changes, which seem to coincide, may have removed it.

I'l l report it as a bug for you.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @jjs029 ,

After @kevgermany reported it, we checked, and indeed its a bug. Its being fixed soon, a few weeks max.

The issue that temperature will be missing on the battery box in the overview happens when there are multiple “ battery monitors”, in your case the BMV or SmartShunt and a BMS.

Thank you for reporting it!

Matthijs

2 comments
2 |3000

bvg avatar image bvg commented ·

Hello,

this is already fixed?

Regards from Portugal.

0 Likes 0 ·
petajoule avatar image petajoule commented ·
Is this fixed? I have an installation where temperature is shown on the dashboard (actually two temperatures - battery and room) and one installation that will not show it in the dashboard no matter what.

I tried "show details", disabling/enabling it in advanced view. All to no avail.

0 Likes 0 ·
heartmindresearch avatar image
heartmindresearch answered ·

For some, it may be as simple as clicking "show details" in the dashboard view.

2 |3000

palle avatar image
palle answered ·

Hi. Is this fixed? I can't the temperature from my MultiPlus in the batterybox. I have MultiPlus, bmv-712 and ve.bus bluetooth dongle. Temperature sensor in both MultiPlus and ve.bus dongle and don't get any temperature in the baterybox. Latest firmware.

2 |3000

Related Resources