question

mmsi2022 avatar image
mmsi2022 asked

Easy method to manage storage charge for lithium ion battery

Hello all,

Seen a few posts but not any answers around this area. I have a 7.5kWh lithium ion LMO battery being charged by my Multiplus 48/2000 in a boat. I currently have the Multiplus configured with a battery 'storage' profile that floats the batteries at about 40% SoC voltage. I have another 'active' profile in VEconfigure3 that I can upload that charges the batteries to 90% SoC. Is there some way I can control this via my Cerbo's GX Touch? It doesn't look like I can choose battery profiles in VictronConnect via VE.bus dongle (which I do not yet have). Is this something an 'assistant' might help with? It's really just adjusting the absorption and float voltages. Perhaps even a physical switch on Cerbo's DI channel? I don't want to rely on Internet connectivity to do this via VRM and VEconfigure3 on a laptop.

cerbo gxLithium BatterySOCmultiplus ve.busstorage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
svviolethour avatar image
svviolethour answered ·

Victron Multiplus's don't provide any way to do this. It would be really nice to have a way to easily switch battery charge profiles as easily as we can with their MPPT solar charge controllers in VictronConnect. A real mismatch between capabilities in their product lineup. Feature request for Victron - please add!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources