question

leverg avatar image
leverg asked

Production and consumption question (VRM) (boat)

I have a strange issue I think, however system is working fine. In VRM, why does my consumption grow in 30 days ? In winter it is allmost nothing (boat with nobody on it). It seems that how many solar is generated somehow a steady percentage is used by something, but the system never changed (no applicances added or removed). Saw the same ""issue" last year. Batteries are 100% full and even when on the boat everythings is running fine for days, however I would expect the consumption not to grow along with the generated solar. I would expect much solar and allmost no consumption. victronsolarcons.jpg

MPPT Controllerscerbo gxVRMmultiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Leverg

You're dealing with tiny figures here, like an average of 12W consumption over the 30 days. I'd be looking at why the consumption has increased, as the solar generation is just following that, as it should.

And it could be anything, even data transmission on a modem or an overactive photosensitive device with more insects. Temperature related? Weather? And anything else you can think of. Also, try delving deeper into the graphs in VRM to see when this usage is happening, what time of day, steps in usage, etc.

Good luck.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.