question

markbruin avatar image
markbruin asked

DC consumption from MPPT does not show on VRM dashboard?

I just installed a cerbo GX with a MPPT 100/20. Everything working nicely and get all the read outs. However on the VRM dashboard I see the solar yield and battery voltage but not the DC consmption that the MPPT is logging. It shows in the system status under the graph.

Why do I not see the consumption in the graph?

MPPT Controllerscerbo gxVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ttbb avatar image
ttbb answered ·

I have no doubt you will find this as frustrating as i did. To see logged DC consumption you need a battery monitor / smart shunt. Without one and you are limited to seeing just the snapshot under system status.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markbruin avatar image markbruin commented ·

Thanks! Yeah it is quite frustrating. It cant be to difficult to show the consumption in the graph as the data is already present...

For now I refuse to add a smart shunt just to be able to see the consumption in that graph...i might change my opinion in the future though.

0 Likes 0 ·
alternator avatar image alternator commented ·
Yeah, this doesn't make any sense to me either. I can see DC consumption in the "History" tab on the mobile app so why can't I get this value in VRM?
0 Likes 0 ·