question

michaeltenerife avatar image
michaeltenerife asked

Why are Phoenix Smart Inverters cheaper then Phoenix inverters?

Hi everyone,

I see that a Phoenix 24/3000 costs 1335€ and a Phoenix Smart 24-3000 costs 979€. Why is that?

Also a Multiplus 48/3000/36-16 costs 1365€ and a Multiplus 2 48/3000/35-32 costs 1092€

Why is that?

Thank you

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Michaeltenerife,

I explain a little bit here about some of the cost reductions between the revisions - https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/42266/multiplus-and-multiplus-compact-reliability-and-bl.html

Another one is the aluminium casing vs the steel casing.

Now also greater economies of scale, as production volume of the newer models VASTLY exceeds that of the old models.

At the time I wrote that earlier post, the prices were more similar across the model revisions, this has widened over time.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michaeltenerife avatar image michaeltenerife commented ·
Thank you for the answer. It helps to understand.

I find that the victron catalogue and website are missing information for beginners as there are so many terms and products that it can get easily confusing. What does the RS for example mean for the really large inverters and charge regulators?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ michaeltenerife commented ·

As far as I know there isn't a meaning behind the "RS".
It is just to identify the products with high frequency technology.

If you buy your Victron equipment from a local Victron distributor, instead from the cheapest amazon/ebay seller, I'm sure the distributor will be happy to help you.
(at last this is what we are doing)

https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

0 Likes 0 ·