question

cumrath avatar image
cumrath asked

Blue Smart IP65 pairing not working on Android 11

I got a new mobile phone (Vivo Y72 5G running Android 11) and wanted to connect to my Blue Smart IP65. I installed the app (version 5.54). I enabled the location on my phone and allowed the app to use the loacation. My Blue Smart IP65 shows up correctly in the app. After tapping on the Blue Smart IP65 in the app to connect the pairing starts and requests the PIN for the Bluetooth pairing. Entering 000000 only leads to being asked for the PIN for the Bluetooth pairing again after a while. I did a reset of the PIN on the Blue Smart IP65 using the "Mode" button as described in the manual on page 14 but to no avail. I did a reset of the device using the PUK but to no avail. I deletd the the app, did a reboot of my mobile phone and installed the app again but to no avail. I *NEVER* did any pairing using the Bluetooth of my phone. I always used the app to connect to the Blue Smart IP65. I am starting to run out of ideas of what else I could do. Do you have any tips for me?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

chargerBluetoothip65
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Might help there have been reports of iPhone needing the PUK, not 000000. Might be the same on android 11. Please try and let us know.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cumrath avatar image cumrath commented ·

No, it does not work. Neither with capital letters nor with small letters. And yes, I have activated the option that the pairing code contains letters and special characters.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ cumrath commented ·
Checking the obvious, presume no issues with old phone.
0 Likes 0 ·
cumrath avatar image cumrath kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

I just tried a Samsung Note 20 5G running Android 12. It worked perfectly!

0 Likes 0 ·
nightliner avatar image
nightliner answered ·

Why letters, i think it should be numbers.

1 comment
2 |3000

The PUK, that is written on the bottom of my Blue Smart IP65, consits of letters and numbers and is 12 characters long.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi

Do you perhaps have another phone (or can you perhaps lend another phone for a short period) that you can use to test if that phone can pair using the "000000" pin?

And just to be sure, VictronConnect did report that the PIN code reset (using the PUK) went ok?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi Thiemo,

I just tried a Samsung Note 20 5G running Android 12. It worked perfectly!

Yes, VictronConnect reported that the PIN code reset using the PUK went OK. The test with the Galaxy Note 20 showed that the PIN code is now "000000".

Connection using the Vivo Y72 5G running Android 11 is still not possible.

Best regards,
Christoph

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ cumrath commented ·

Hi @cumrath

It seems there are multiple version of this phone, one specifically for India and one for the rest of the world. Can you perhaps check the exact type under Settings->About phone->Software information->Model?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide