question

tdamon avatar image
tdamon asked

Blue Smart IP65 12/15 charge while under load?

I use this charger for a LiFePo4 battery from BattleBorn. I am re-doing my setup and was wondering if it is safe to leave the charger connected to the battery all the time so that when mains power is available I can plug it in and have it charge the battery while the load connected to the battery continues to run? I believe I have seen that this is okay but wanted to confirm. Secondarily I have the function set to charger - would I need to switch that to power supply or can I just leave it as charger?

Thank you!

Lithium Batterychargerip65
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I don't see any problem with leaving it connected and in charger mode. With a battery charger, one normally connects the battery first, and then the mains, so leaving it on dc all the time should not hurt. There will be a very small amount of current taken by the charger when not powered by the mains. Switching to power supply mode just gives a constant voltage, rather than the bulk/absorption/float sequence.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?