question

tdamon avatar image
tdamon asked

Blue Smart IP65 12/15 charge while under load?

I use this charger for a LiFePo4 battery from BattleBorn. I am re-doing my setup and was wondering if it is safe to leave the charger connected to the battery all the time so that when mains power is available I can plug it in and have it charge the battery while the load connected to the battery continues to run? I believe I have seen that this is okay but wanted to confirm. Secondarily I have the function set to charger - would I need to switch that to power supply or can I just leave it as charger?

Thank you!

Lithium Batterychargerip65
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I don't see any problem with leaving it connected and in charger mode. With a battery charger, one normally connects the battery first, and then the mains, so leaving it on dc all the time should not hurt. There will be a very small amount of current taken by the charger when not powered by the mains. Switching to power supply mode just gives a constant voltage, rather than the bulk/absorption/float sequence.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.