question

bezda avatar image
bezda asked

CerboGX bluetooth bridge

Hi, are there any plans to enable Cerbo's bluetooth to connect and control devices like Smart Battery Protect or smart lithium batteries?

cerbo gxBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

Nobody, except Victron, knows the answer to that question.

It has been asked a few times on the community and the answer is always the same. So I very much doubt that it will happen any time soon due to other products and initiatives they are working on. Once day it might become important.

I do agree that it would be great for the Smart Lithium batteries, as we have great integration with the Lynx Smart BMS, but still cant see what is happening at a cell level.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

resuepeter avatar image
resuepeter answered ·

Great Question, and i have same question.

The Cerbo GX has Bluetooth, Smart Shunt, Smart MPPT and there are VE.DIRECT bluetooth dongles.
Request for Change : Let Cerbo GX(-s) work over bluetooth with other Victron products. Or put in the manual and product documentation a clear message, that this VE.Direct wil not work over bluetooth in the Cerbo GX.

The documentation (7-2-2023) is not clear about this.

1675759685580.png

1675759685580.png (227.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

6ixgun avatar image 6ixgun commented ·
Amen ! The documentation and product descriptions are very misleading. Makes it sound like ANY Victron product will work with the GX when in fact, its really on a very select group of them.
0 Likes 0 ·