question

snu-pi avatar image
snu-pi asked

Fronius Gen 24 -> AC OUT Multiplus

Hello, I have a question

I will bye 3 * Multiplus II 5000, a MPPT 450/200 (with about 14kWp) and a BYD LVL 15.4

A Fronius Gen 24-10 and a Byd HVM 13.8 kwH are currently in stock and working (with about 13kWp)

The question now is can I switch this combination (Fonius + BYD) behind the Victron?

eg. Connect the Fronius to AC-OUT 2 and if necessary (in isolated operation) limiting the Fronius to 5kW AC output (if necessary) and switch it to AC-OUT.

German Version:

Hallo ich hätte eine Frage

Ich werde 3 * Multiplus II 5000 verwenden dazu einen MPPT 450/200 (PV Leistung ca 14kWP) und einen BYD LVL 15.4

Im Bestand sind aktuellen eine Fronius Gen 24-10 (PV LEistung ca 13kWp) und eine Byd HVM 13,8 kwH

Die Frage ist nun kann ich diese Kombi (Fonius + BYD) hinter den Victron schalten?

zB. den Fronius auf AC-OUT 2 und bei Bedarf (Im Inselbetrieb) den Fronius auf 5kW AC LEistung begrenzen und dann auf AC-OUT schalten

Multiplus-IIFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

9 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

best to contact some with experience in the setup - the dealer you are buying from should be able to help if they cant find a different dealer

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@snu_pi

I was told that Fromius Gen24 does not have MG50 mode, so it cannot be installed at AC-out of Victron.

4 comments
2 |3000

markus avatar image markus ♦♦ commented ·
Correct.

It is not even possible to use the Gen24 at the AC-input of the system.

Both battery systems will „fight“ about the grid setpoint, leading to one system occasionally discharging into the other.

BR

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp markus ♦♦ commented ·

@Markus

I already heard from two sources (Victron distributor and now @Ram ) that Fronius Gen24 has MG setting.

Why would someone install a Hybrid inverter (Fronius Gen24) as AC-coupled escapes me.

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ marekp commented ·
Hi Marek,

It seems, that Fronius made the Gen24 MG50 capable.

Can’t stop smiling about this.

:o)

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp markus ♦♦ commented ·

@Markus

That is what I also suspect.

Maybe they did if for the Gen24 model that does not have the hybrid function activated and works as standard Symo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BocHQhIs0JM

Some people buy Gen24 because it looks cool. :)

0 Likes 0 ·
ram avatar image
ram answered ·

Ich habe fast die gleiche Anlage
1x Symo10 und 1 x Gen24 10KW Plus mit 22KW BYD Akkus
Will auch 3 Multiplus davorstellen und habe Fronius angeschrieben aber noch keine Antwort erhalten.
In den Fronius Datenblättern ist der GEN24 auf jeden Fall gelistet als MG50 supportet

SE_FLY_SE_SOLS_Microgrid_DE.pdfGEN24_Compatibilities_DE.pdf

2 |3000

ram avatar image
ram answered ·

Why would someone install a Hybrid inverter (Fronius Gen24) as AC-coupled escapes me.

My Answer
Fronius states ist's Gen24 inverters will run only 15% of their lifespan in isle mode before going bust
Victron will run forever..............

1 comment
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·
@Ram

Fronius Gen24 is not a hybrid out of the box. You have to pay extra to make it hybrid and onto Fronius Gen24 Plus.

Fronius Gen24 has some advantages over Symo version.

Also some people think that it look cool. :)

1 Like 1 ·
ram avatar image
ram answered ·

Here in this Fronuis sheet it is explicit the Gen24 Plus what is listed as MG supported and Victron compatible.
Problem seems to be that no one has tried this until now.
I know this is a bit overkill, but why not trying it if having the money?
SE_FLY_GEN24_Compatibilities_DE.pdf

2 |3000

CristiMV avatar image
CristiMV answered ·

Multiplus will not start without any battery....and in your case the BYD battery will be connected to Fronius.....

2 |3000

ram avatar image
ram answered ·

Of course gets the Victron his Pylontec Accu in the configuration I plan or imagine.
I now got a answer from Fronius on my questions regarding that problem.
They say that the GEN24 Plus has MicroGrid implemented. However possible trouble comes from the 2 Batterie systems where Fronius and Victron than could fight to be the first to charge it's batteries.No one has done this before so I would bear the risk of wastingsome money

1 comment
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
ram avatar image
ram answered ·

Das ist ein Teil der Fronius Antwort

Der GEN24 ist MicroGrid fähig, aber wir können nicht sagen ob das System gemeinsam mit einer BYD-Batterie ordnungsgemäß funktioniert. Da Sie mit der Erweiterung von Victron samt Batterie zwei Regelkreise schaffen, die sich gegenseitig aufschwingen können (wer regelt schneller, wer bekommt den Überschuss) und es wäre eine Überliegende Modbus-Steuerung notwendig, dabei können wir Ihnen leider nicht behilflich sein. Der Symo 10.0-3-M ist natürlich ebenfalls MicroGrid fähig.
Dennoch müssen Sie darauf achten, dass unsere Geräte entweder im MicroGrid ODER Netzge+koppelt betrieben werden. Eine Umschaltung vom netzgekoppelten Betrieb zum MicroGrid ist nicht möglich.
2 |3000

transfersolar avatar image
transfersolar answered ·

Does anyone have an idea where the Microgrid (MG) setting is on the GEN24 inverter? There is zero mention of the MG setting in the manual and NO information online or in this forum???

Is the inverter set to MG as default? Can anyone who has installed a GEN 24 on the AC-out confirm this it functions correctly using frequency ramping? Thanks

2 |3000