question

Janek Plathe avatar image
Janek Plathe asked

Fronius on Multiplus II AC-Input

Hi,

in close future i plan to upgrade my existing MPPT PV array with an Fronius Inverter located on the AC-Input side of an Multiplus II grid tied ESS installationNow I have the following question before I invest, just to be sure

Acc to the Victron manuals the grid-tied Fronius inverter must be set to mode country code MG-50 (microgrid) in order to communicate with the Venus GX.

My questions is… is this a must or do they also speak to each other if the Fronius is set to the german country code?

I ask because the PV/Fronius installation will be carried out by an professional electric company in germany including an dynamic 70% restriction for grid injection and I am not sure if I can change this basic setting after the installer finished the installation (could imagine these settings will be password protected by the installer)

The capability for Frequency shifting would not be required. For me solely it is important that I see the Fronius in the GX/VRM and that the power of the Fronius inverter is utilized to charge the batteries via the internal Multiplus charger together with the existing MPPT´s.

Seeing forward for your assistance

Janek

Multiplus-IIFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Yes you set the Victron Mulitplus to the country code to suit. but you don't have set the micro grid as such, to communicate with the Venus CCGX etc As the CCGX etc will pick it via WiFi or Ether net cable via your router automatically anyway.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.